The contractor needs to perform additional work on the new fire alarm system on 11/30-12/2.
11/30 Shain tower will be closed from 6-8:30 a.m., Occupants may enter Shain tower after 8:30 a.m.
Work involving emergency power circuits requires that the main air supply fans for Shain tower are turned off. Without proper supply of fresh air, the building cannot be occupied. This operation will not affect emergency power circuits in Shain labs (red switches and receptacles). Normal power circuits will remain fully operational. Fire alarm will remain fully operational.
12/2 The fire alarm system in the chemistry complex will be offline from 6 a.m. to noon
- All occupants – please do not schedule hazardous experimentation on this day.
- In case of emergency, dial 911.
- The contractor will be monitoring the building (fire watch) during the time that the fire alarm system is disabled.
- You may expect to see a member of the crew from Staff Electric circulating through the building as they conduct the fire watch.
- All ventilation systems and normal power circuits will remain fully functional during these activities.