Zeb Girvin (Gellman) is a top finalist for the Reaxys Ph.D. Prize, which recognizes accomplished young chemists for their innovative and rigorous research and is the world’s most prestigious award for PhD students in the chemical sciences. Finalists, selected from universities all over the world, have the opportunity to join an exclusive community of chemists that includes leading university, government and industry researchers. All 45 finalists are invited to make a poster presentation.
Zeb and 10 others, selected as the shortlisted top finalists (complete list below), will give a talk about their work. This year’s 3 winners will be selected based upon their oral presentations and the feedback received during the external review process. The winners will be announced on the final day of the symposium, Friday October 2.
You can find more information about Zeb and the rest of the Reaxys PhD Prize finalists here.
Full list of shortlisted finalists:
- Philip Bunting, University of California, Berkeley
- Zebediah Girvin, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Johannes Karges, PSL University
- Kenichi Kato, Kyoto University
- Mikiko Okumura, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Rupert Proctor, University of Cambridge
- Adam Rieth, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Patrick Szell, University of Ottawa
- Charlotte Vogt, Utrecht University
- Jianchun Wang, University of Chicago
- Keiichi Yano, The University of Tokyo